23 facts about Left-Handed People, Medical experts are yet to convincingly answer the question: What causes an individual to become left-handed? Nevertheless, studies point to a complex link between environment and genes. Researchers have also discovered different brain wirings in left-handed and right-handed people. It’s also worth knowing that left-handed individuals tend to be more independent since they’ve spent their entire lives trying to adapt to this right-handed world.
As such, you need to learn some new and exciting facts about left-handed individuals.
Read Also: 20 Amazing Trick with toothpaste
Facts about Left-Handed People:
- 5 to 10% of the world’s population is left-handed.
- Left-handed individuals are three times more likely to become alcoholics.
- Left-handed people usually use the right side of the brain.
- Left-handed people usually reach puberty five months later than usual.
- Left-handed individuals perform well in various kinds of sports. 40% of the world’s top tennis players are left-handed.
- Four out of the seven most recent U.S. presidents were left-handed.
- Statistics show that left-handed college graduates end up becoming 26% richer than their right-handed counterparts.
- The past years saw left-handedness and left-handed individuals being associated with evil deeds, like criminality, rebellion, homosexuality, and nasty habits.
- The word “left” in English is coined from the Anglo-Saxon word left, which means broken or weak.
- Women who are expectant in their 40s have a 128% chance of having a left-handed baby instead of pregnant women in their 20s.
- There exists almost equal numbers of right- and left-pawed cats, rats, and mice.
- According to a recent study, left-handed people are highly talented in spatial awareness, architecture, and math. On the other hand, right-handed people are usually more talented verbally.
- One of the four Apollo astronauts was left-handed.
- Recent statistics show that almost 30 million people in the U.S. are left-handed.
- A recent study has revealed that left-handed individuals are slightly more vulnerable to allergies and asthma than righties.
- In a study, medical experts have discovered that a left-handed individual can quickly learn to use the other hand when injuring his dominant hand. This is not the case with right-handed people.
- The longest words can only be typed using the left hand. Conventional hand placement include dresses, sweater, and tesserae decades.
- Left-handedness runs in the families. Left-handed individuals in the British Royal Family include Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Mother, Prince Charles, and Prince William.
- Left-handed individuals are more susceptible to insomnia.
- August 13th is International Left-Handers Day.
- A good number of the most wanted murderers across the globe were left-handed. They include The Boston Strangles, Osama Bin Laden, and Jack the Ripper.
- Left-handed individuals can adjust to seeing underwater better than right-handed people.
- Left-handed individuals typically get hungry much faster as opposed to their right-handed peers.